Assistant Chief Nursing Officer - Reston Hospital Center - Reston, VA - HCA (Reston, Virginia)
• Provides administrative oversight of assigned functions of the Chief Nursing Officer
• Participates in senior leadership meetings medical staff and Board of Trustee meetings.
• Participates actively in leadership development and nursing leadership succession planning.
• Assumes an active role in hospital and business operations
• Assists in developing and implementing overall nursing strategic plan consistent with hospital policies and objectives.
• Develops, implements, and interprets nursing and patient care policies, objectives, and standards for measurement and maintenance of nursing budget, expense control, and quality nursing care.
• Organizes, directs and supervises daily nursing services to assure adequate staffing coverage for providing quality care.
• Participates in recruiting, interviewing, evaluating, and hiring personnel to meet staffing needs.
• Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the hospital quality assurance program through evaluation of services rendered, quality improvement and regulatory compliance.
• Evaluates long and short-range equipment and supply requirements for nursing care by forecasting service levels and quantity of materials on hand. Assesses capital and non-capital clinical needs for bedside nursing care with all clinical managers and make proposals to senior leadership.
• Uses education and development resources appropriately to advance clinical performance and assure regulatory compliance.
• Participates in development of new patient care programs for expansion of nursing care services in conjunction with growth initiatives; assessing clinical readiness, and assisting with implementation of action plans for improvement with the CNO.
• Represents the hospital (as appropriate) in health care programs and professional organizations and serves in a public relations capacity to stimulate professional and organizational growth.
• Coordinates annual budget process for clinical areas and participates in DMOR reviews
• Reviews clinical and financial data to assess opportunities for improvement.
• Demonstrates initiative in self-development and education.
• Serves as a role model for hospital employees in professional behavior and accountability.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08540-13117&lang=en
• Post ID: 27963673 nova