What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do. We want to build leading FP&A practices within Verizon, setting the stage to become the place any FP&A professional wants to work. You can become a catalyst for change.
FP&A Corporate and Business Unit Team
Move beyond compiling data and help tell the story behind the numbers. The Business Unit facing positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your FP&A leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, pricing decisions and new initiatives to develop new products and services. You can have an impact on new business growth opportunities through development of business case scenarios.
- Guide the overall strategic and tactical direction for the team, including development and delivery of all financial planning & analysis for the business.
- Manage a team of professionals that provide oversight of all aspects of the development and communication of executive reviews for Actuals, Business Plan, Commitment View, and Best View.
- Identify complex business performance issues and present insights on the consolidated internal reports and external presentations.
- Ensure the team successfully executes on capital planning review/analysis and provide guidance on optimal use of cash.
- Be a trusted advisor providing value-added decision support and guidance to executive management.
- Provide strategic financial and operational insights utilizing recurring performance reports, ad-hoc analysis and performance reviews.
- Partner with Center of Excellence to establish service level agreements and drive continuous improvements.
- Evaluate business trends and assess monthly and quarterly business performance in driving strategic business analysis.
- Advise on risk and opportunity considerations for managing cost and growing the revenue and profitability.
- Recommend planning and business performance issues to define and execute action plans.
- Identify and assess cost and effect patterns in the business not captured in existing reporting.
- Perform monthly performance review of business unit initiatives and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide decision support and guidance; lead ad-hoc presentation development and executive review.
- Manage the team employee life cycle processes (Recruiting, Performance, Development, Career and Compensation).
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What you’ll be doing...
- Own the development and maintenance of the annual sales quota setting process linked to the financial objectives of the VBM Business Unit.
- Analyze business results and serve as a functional expert to the sub-segment Leader to provide strategic guidance, insights, and recommendations. Interpret and communicate results to executive leadership, identifying near real time risk and opportunities assessments against committed financial and operational objectives.
- Serve as subject matter expert and be a valuable business partner in support of sub-segment Sales Leader within VBM. Provide analytics and key business insight to drive profitable business decisions and outcomes.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Management experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A professional certification (e.g. CPA, CMA).
- High degree of strategic and analytical capability, including the ability to analyze a large amount of data.
- Strong strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations; proven ability to structure business case around a high-level strategic vision.
- Knowledge of FASB and SEC requirements, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, tax reporting and accounting practices and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Advanced understanding of report query and design.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Familiar with Essbase, Smart View, Hyperion Planning, and Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
What we’re looking for...
- Familiarity with Anaplan, FRR, CPM, SRDM and SPA systems.
- High Energy, positive attitude candidate with desire to make VBM, as a new segment start up, and overwhelming success story.
- Demonstrated Business Unit Finance Support Orientation. Experience in FP&A and Business Support Operations.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7854291-senior-finance-manager-planning-forecasting
• Post ID: 37924437 nova